Thursday, July 21, 2011

Time

Mason is doing pretty good still. Sunday and Monday were his best days. The last couple days he has been more tired, but they say it's normal. He still has oxygen, mostly for when he is eating. They started giving him half formula and half breast milk. He does desat sometimes when he's eating. He is probably eating about have of his feeds by bottle and the rest is gavaged. He weighs 5 lbs. 5 oz. And has been a very sweet, mellow baby (I'm hoping it's not just because he's a preemie and too tired to act otherwise).

A couple days ago my sister-in-law's brother was in a fatal airplane crash. I feel awful! I'm praying for his family. He was only 35. This last month has been crazy. Chelsea said she feels like we are getting "Punked". It's a really mean one if that's the case! I guess when it rains it pours, but now I feel like I'm just waiting for whatever is coming next.

I came home last night and am spending the day with my girls. I have felt so stretched feeling like I should be with both our girls and with Mason. It's hard but some day it will be a memory.

6 comments:

Amy said...

You are such a strong woman, and before you know it little Mason will be home where he blongs. Hugs to your family.

Kade and Katie said...

so glad to hear he is doing good! we are thinking of you and praying for your sweet family. love you guys!

Jane said...

Those sound like good steps to me. He's getting there! I hope it's all a memory soon, too!

Darci said...

Keep your chin up Linds, one day all this will be a memory!!! Your family has been dealt more than enough, keep on keeping on and " this to, shall pass" sending my love your way:)xoxo

Lisa Mc said...

Love this quote by Elder Paul Johnson, "In the midst of problems, it is hard to see that the coming blessings far outweigh the pain, humiliation, or heartbreak we may be experiencing at the time." When it seems to be raining problems and trials, this gives me hope. Glad things with Mason are improving little by little:) We continue to pray for your family. You've had your share.

kristina said...

I came upon your blog and I had to comment. Reading your blog I just cry everytime. My heart aches for you. My first baby was born preemie weighing 2.6 pounds it was the hardest thing I ever thought I would do through. Seeing him day in day out for over two months was draining,but in the end it was so wonderful to finally bring him home. The NICU is so special, and special angels work there(my opinion)such a hard place to go everyday,but so blessed we live in a time where we have such great places to go for help. My dear ever since coming upon your blog I think about you everyday, I feel I am reliving those NICU days. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers from one mommy to another. So glad to hear he is doing better. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I pray for you and your family everyday (((HUGS)))