Monday, July 18, 2011

Good

Yesterday was a wonderful day for Mason. It seems like night and day from just a few days ago. I'd like to think that he has a special guardian angel watching over him. He has started eating much more from the bottle on some of his feeds, got his pic line out (HORRAY), didn't have any desats or bradys (miracle), is now back in a "big boy bed" and just looks so much better! It makes me so happy to feel like we are progressing in the right direction!

On Saturday was Dylan's funeral. Everyone that spoke did an incredible job! It truly was amazing! Ryan, Dylan's dad, spoke and I can't even explain it...AMAZING! He posted most of his talk on Dylan's blog - www.dylandshaw.blogspot.com. I am just surrounded by people who rise when they need to instead of fall. A quote from someone's talk said "Sometimes miracles aren't the healing of sick bodies, but the healing of a sick soul". For us this past month, we have experienced both.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad to hear Mason is doing so well! Your family is in our prayers!

Katie said...

I hope things keep looking up for your little guy! I'm glad I got to see you for a minute today. Keep hanging in there!

Janae said...

Great news about Mason! What an overwhelming month full of great and hard experiences.

Mandy D said...

I was so happy to hear he is doing much better. I am thinking you are right about having a special someone looking out for him. Your whole family is still in our prayers.