Saturday, October 25, 2008

THE 10 CLUB

I am starting a service club (The 10 club) & it is something that I am very excited about & have been thinking a lot about. I feel like if something comes to your mind frequently you probably should do it... so I am, with the help of my friends. The idea is each month we get together & everyone donates $10. (Anyone & everyone is invited. Obviously the more that come, the more we are able to do.) So we pool our money together & find some way to do service, whether it be for an organization or a person. I think it is important that everyone be involved, so when we meet we will do some type of a service project on top of whatever we choose to do with the money. For example this next month we are focusing on the Food Bank. We will be spending half of the money on buying food for Thanksgiving dinners & then the rest will be donated (so they can fill in whatever they are short of). Since that won't take everyone to do, when we meet we will be getting material & supplies from DI & tying 2 quilts. When the quilts are done we take them back to DI & they are given where needed.

Basically I feel like this is a simple way to make a big difference! If anyone lives in Cache Valley & would like to be a part of it please contact me! If you live away but would possibly like to start something similar please contact me as well. It is not only a great way to get together with your girlfriends & meet new friends, but to change people's lives in a small way & do something good.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know if I could make it over every month, but I can always do the $10. Put me on your list and let me know the details!!!

Shane and Michelle said...

Oh I think this is such a great idea Lindsay and that you are on the right track. I really think the Lord is 'pouring out his Spirit' among the saints in this way because lately i've been thinking that I'm not going to sit back anymore and do nothing! Even today I took the kids and drove around town to see if i could help someone in anyway. I picked up a 94 year old man that was out for a walk but getting tired and couldn't climb the hill so I brought him home. It was no big deal but it made me feel good inside.
I was going to blog about this and ask for ideas, then I see you post this! :) This idea of donating $10/month is excellent. You will keep very busy every month. There is always someone to help! Sorry this is so long

Teresa said...

What a great idea! Let me know the details of when and where you'll be meeting.

Remodelaholic said...

Linsday- Hey I just found your blog! I have been wondering what you guys are up to! This is Cassity (and Justin) Kmetzsch from Logan 28th ward! I wanted to say hi! Looks like you are doing well! I am glad! we have a blog if you want to check it out, I would love to keep in touch!
comeitch.blogspot.com

Janae said...

You are just asking to be the Relief Society president. J/K I think it is a great idea.

Julie said...

Love the idea, I'm hoping to do something here. You have such great ideas!