Thursday, December 18, 2008

December Activities

Sophie is feeling lots better now & things are starting to slow down. It's funny how you find out how really great your friends are when you are kind of a wreck (emotionally, mentally, physically). My family are some of my best friends & I have some other really great people in my life who I appreciate so much!

Anyway, we are all doing well & hoping to enjoy this last week before Christmas. The last couple weeks were rough with Sophie being sick & a lot of other things going on (I won't go into it all), but now I'm feeling like I have a little more control of my life.

We have been trying to do some fun Christmas activities! We have made a gingerbread house, played out in the snow, went on a fun sleigh ride at Brandon's aunt & uncle's house, painted Christmas bags, got the 12 days of Christmas again from my parents (so much fun!), drove to Preston to see Christmas lights, went to dinner with Grammy & Papa, & had Madelyn's Christmas program today at her school. Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year! I love it (besides the freezing cold weather), but I'm trying to figure out ways to make it last longer because time goes by so fast & pretty soon it will be over.



Chelsea is one of my BEST friends & she sent me these flowers. It meant more to me than I think she will ever realize!


Emma was scared once again of Santa, but really wanted to tell him that she would like ET for Christmas (don't ask me where that came from).


Sophie just stared at Santa. She didn't know what to think!


Sydnee made sure to ask Santa for a puppy with a puppy kit (everything she needs to take care of a puppy), which sadly she won't get because I had to write Santa a letter & tell him that right now a dog will not fit into our family. Unfortunately I think I have enough mouths to feed & poop to clean that it just wouldn't work out!


I think Madelyn asked for an art kit. She could color for hours!













My parents are so great!


And Madelyn did a FABULOUS job at her Christmas program!

4 comments:

The Reese's said...

i'm sorry but your girls are too darling! i love the gingerbread house picture, is emma trying to show leg? :) i'm so glad sophie is feeling better, now beck has that awful cough but definitely not that bad. hope you guys have a great christmas!

amy said...

That's cool you had dinner with Dr. Phil! Glad everyone is healthy now!

Katie said...

Those girls are quite the posers! I love that one with the gingerbread house. . . they are all so cute!

So glad life's getting back to normal for you!

Jami said...

Glad everyone and everything is on the up and up. Merry Christmas!!!!