Sunday, March 30, 2008

More Details about Sophie


Well, I quickly posted the last pictures, so I thought I should tell a little more about Sophie's birth & how things are going.
I was supposed to be induced on Tuesday & was told to call at 6:00 AM, so of course that night I woke up every hour to check the clock. At 6:00 I called & they said they had some c-sections scheduled & had people come in throughout the night (the dang rainstorm put everyone but me into labor). Anyway, I was thinking 3 hours & they would call me...nope! I called every 3 hours to see what was going on & every time they said "we'll call you when we are ready". Needless to say it was a REALLY long day & when I called around 3:30 & they said hopefully we'll see you by 8:00, otherwise it would be the next day. Well I had a bit of a breakdown. By 6:45 I had convinced myself that it was okay & that I would just go in the morning. Well 15 minutes later they called me in. (I forgot to mention my mom had slept over the night before & I was so grateful to have her with me. She tried to keep my mind busy by shopping. Anyway I love my mom.) Brandon & I rushed to the hospital. By the time they had the IV hooked up they broke my water at 8:00 PM. They didn't start the pit until 9:00 & then I got the epidural around 10:00. The nurse talked me into getting it early because she said if I didn't I would probably miss it. Great advice. Me, Brandon, and my mom were pretty much asleep when the nurse checked me at about 11:00 & I was ready. We had to wait for the doctor who was at home but 2 pushes later our sweet Sophie was born. Wow! The birth of babies is something so incredibly amazing & spiritual! I love the spirit that Sophie brings into our home & into my heart. I feel so much closer to my Heavenly Father because I can feel how close she is to Him. Anyway, she is amazing & our family is so blessed to have her in our home. I love being a mom & I love my amazing husband & all four of our girls!

15 comments:

Ashlee Bair said...

Lindsay-
Your baby is so stinking cute! I could stare at her pictures all day long! I can't wait until my cold goes away so i can come and see her

Chelsea said...

you are so sweet:) I agree that nothing makes you feel the spirit like a brand new baby! I love your girls too!!! and you:)

Chelsea said...

you are so sweet:) I agree that nothing makes you feel the spirit like a brand new baby! I love your girls too!!! and you:)

Katie Price said...

She is beautiful. Where do they get all that hair? I think she is going to look just like you. I see so much Jeppesen in your girls. Congrats. Maybe I will call you and bring you dinner soon. Love you!

TIFFANY MARTIN said...

It was fun seeing you guys at Grandma's today. Your blog is so cute. I love all the pictures of your beautiful girls!

The Reese's said...

lindz, she's gorgeous almost makes me want a girl one day. :) we'll have to come see her when we get home- miss ya on the trip, coby's wondering who will get pina colodas(?SP) with him.

The Sumkos said...

Congrats Linds! She is freakin gorgeous!! I'm so glad you had an easy delivery and I can't believe how much hair she has. Wow, what a cutie. Congrats again and I can't wait to meet her!

Janae said...

She is absolutely perfect. What a beautiful baby. I am so excited for you and your little family of girls. I loved growing up with two older sisters. Hopefully you are getting some sleep. Congrats!

Emily said...

Congradulations!!! Wow, she is so beautiful Lindsay and you look waaaay too good to have just had a baby. We are so glad that everything went well. I feel bad that last day must have been torture waiting and waiting. I am glad your mom was there, aren't moms great! Well tell BJ and the girls hello for us and keep the pictures coming we love seeing them. We are in the process of arranging our trip to Utah this summer so we hope to see you then!

Jami said...

Oh Linds - She is so cute. That hair - I am so jealous. I'm so glad that everything went so well. Congratulations :)

Stacie said...

She really is a very cute girl! She fits in nicely with your other cute girls! I am so happy everything went well and you aren't pregnant anymore! It feels so nice.

Shane and Michelle said...

Lindsay,
Your baby is just darling. She is beautiful and healthy. She does look so much like you. I am so happy you had a smooth delivery. Thank you for sharing your feelings of gratitude, I know how you feel. You are a wonderful person.

Ken and Em Sim Family said...

Beautiful baby! I can't believe all of that hair. My little guy is pretty bald. I bet your baby was the darling of the nursery in the hospital. Congrats!!!
-Emily Sim

Adree said...

How in the world did you get all three girls with thick heads of hair? She is so sweet. I'm so jealous that you only pushed twice.

Denise said...

Lyndsie! I don't know if you remember me. I was in your student ward on the island (28th ward) and have ran into you a few times since then. I was blog hopping and before it I found yours!

Nathan and Denise!